Week 14 Lab: Writing Microfiction – The Life of a Twin

 Six word story: The Life of a Twin

"Wow, you both really look alike."

Drabble: What It's Like to be a Twin

A built-in best friend. The person that has been there from the very first moment. A mirror image of yourself. Alike, yet different. Someone to share every life experience with. To rejoice in the good times with and mourn with in the bad times. Feeling one another's pain. Some days you're your own person. Some days you can't be separated. It's sometimes hard to make a way for yourself – you don't want to be associated with who you're not. Yet, when you grown up and part ways, you'll always be connected at the heart. Nothing can ever break that bond.


A photo of two girls who look alike
(Taken by Sharon McCutch on Unsplash)

Author's note: I'm actually really bummed I just now took the opportunity to write some microfiction – the last week! But,  decided to write my dribble and my six-word story based off of my emotions and feelings about being a twin. I've been a twin my whole life (and yes, sometimes I have to explain that – I know, right) and not very many people get to know or feel the experience. There and a lot of highs (like always having someone there for you) but also lows (like not having your own identity and always being linked to another person). I hoped to be able to convey a little feeling and emotion through my microfiction!



Comments

  1. Hi Sara! I love how you wrote about your experience being a twin. I too did not do any microfiction this semester and I am kind of sad that I didn't! I had a twin myself, but sadly she is no longer with us. So I really do know what it feels like to have someone with the same identity as you. Great job Sara!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts