Storybook Plan

My storybook is focusing on wedding urban legends because I work in the wedding industry as a blog writer, and I just love all the happiness and joy that comes about in weddings! 

Sources I am going to use in my storybook will be Snopes, as well as other articles found on the internet, like 8 Wedding Ring Myths and Superstitions about Marriage

I would like to do stories for each of the urban legends I wrote about last week – the one about the wrong Bible verse, a story having to do with wedding ring superstitions, and one about wedding cake cuttings going wrong. 

I'm honestly conflicted on the idea of doing an overarching story, like having each of the three legends pertain to one couple throughout their wedding planning/wedding day, or if I should make three separate stories about different couples – I'd love the feedback! I can see my storybook being successful either way and I already have story concept ideas forming for both. 

My main goal is for the urban legends to shine through. I was not at all familiar with wedding legends before doing the research for this class, and I think it's a cool topic for people to know. I would like to frame them in first person or from the outside (again, another point I'd like some feedback on) to show both an outside and inside perspective of someone experiencing the legends happen to them. Maybe the wrong verse from the baker, the ring from the husband/wife, and the cake cutting from a guest? Or all three from the couple? I'm struggling to decide. 

Photo of a dinner table at a wedding
(Taken by Photos by Lanty on Unsplash)


Comments

Popular Posts