Week 2 Reading Overview

Looking through the reading options, I easily found plenty of options from each section that captivated my attention! I'm really looking forward to the Biblical/Classic, Middle Eastern/Indian and Native American units. Biblical because I love reading anything that has to do with the Bible, and even more so specifically about the women of the Bible. I'm looking forward to the Middle Eastern/Indian because I took a class my sophomore year, "Intro to Religious Studies," where we learned about Buddhism, Hinduism, and more religions, so to reflect on everything in that class to fit with this one makes me really excited. And, finally, for the Native American unit, I am lookig forward to this section because I took the Native American Music class offered here at OU, where I learned about dances and history pertaining to some of the tribes mentioned in the reading options here. It's so cool to see my classes colliding and how knowledge from one is leading to helping out in another!


Photo of a grand bookshelf
(Photo by Alfons Morales on Unsplash)

I chose this picture because I think it reflects what this assignment is all about – scrolling and choosing a couple of books out of a wide variety, much like how many are in this photo. I also think it perfectly fits with the aesthetic of my blog and the feel I'm going for!

Planned schedule for readings:

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.
Week 3: Biblical Women
Week 4: Noah and the Ark
Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.
Week 5: Jataka Tales (Shedlock)
Week 6: Ramayana
Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]
Week 7: Tiny Tales of Anansi
Week 9: Japanese Mythology
Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.
Week 10: American Indian Fairy Tales
Week 11: Native American Marriage Tales
Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.
Week 12: Alice in Wonderland
Week 13: Through the Looking-Glass
Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.
Week 14: Italian Popular Tales
Week 15: The Heptameron of Margaret, Queen of Navarre

Comments

Popular Posts