Storybook Favorites From Past Myth-Folklore Students

The Love Story of Ruth and Boaz

As soon as I read the introduction for this storybook, I instantly fell in love with the concept and storyline that this student took for their storybook. I've been a Christian my whole life – I grew up in a Christian home, went to a private Christian school for 13 years, and I'm now the president of the Christian sorority on campus, Sigma Phi Lambda – so, you could say my faith is something really important to me. It was very intriguing to me to read her perspective on the Biblical story of Ruth and Boaz, and how she did her own interpretation of a love story between them. I'm definitely considering this approach when thinking of a concept for my own storybook.


(Photo of an open Bible: Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash)

Tarzan and Jane's School for Feral Children

The first thing that stood out to me about this storybook was the introduction, not to mention that it is a rendition of Disney's movie "Tarzan," which means that it instantly caught my eye. I absolutely loved that this student wrote the introduction from both the perspective of Tarzan and Jane, and how it's like they're directly talking to you and explaining what they do and why they do it. I also liked how the story played off of the life of Tarzan as a child and how he was raised versus how they want to help the children that come to their school.

Friends: The One With All The Stories

With Friends being one of my favorite TV shows, I couldn't help but instantly dive into all the sections of this storybook when I saw it. I absolutely love (can't stress that enough) how the title of the storybook follows along with how each episode of Friends is titled, plus each section of the storybook following suit. After reading through the sections, I really liked how the author connected the story they wrote back to ancient stories. It was so cool to me to see how they all connected! Plus, it's always fun to read renditions of something that you love coming from someone who also seems to like it as much as you do.

Comments

Popular Posts